• This school follows the CBSE system of education.
• Its well-tailored program engages all eight bits of intelligence of the child and empowers their specific interests.
• Students can join NCC and be a part of social service initiatives taken up by the school.
• Exhibitions, quizzes and competitions are part of growing up at St Marks.
• Spacious, well planned classrooms, indoor and outdoor sports areas, separate play areas for the junior wing, and studios for dance, music and art.
• The labs are equipped to handle the latest curriculum and the school also has a library that is stocked with informative books for all age groups.
Provision of quality education, a felt need of the newly developed Janakpuri colony in the seventies was met with the opening of St. Mark’s school in January 1975 by the visionary founder Chairman Mr. T.P. Aggarwal. The school which had a modest beginning grew by leaps and bounds and in a few years’ time there was an all round expansion in the enrolment of students, enlargement of the school building, growth in the number of teaching and other staff and upgradation of the school from middle to senior secondary level.
Inspired by the success of the school, another Senior Secondary Public School was established in Meera Bagh, (Paschim Vihar). This school was inaugurated by the then Lt. Governor of Delhi, Air Chief Marshal Arjan Singh on April 20, 1990. With a strength of over 3500 students this co-educational, English medium institution excels in all spheres.
In addition to these Senior Secondary School, St. Mark’s runs an exclusive school for girls in Meera Bagh. The main building of St. Marks Girls School, was inaugurated by the Hon’able Chief Minister of N.C.T of Delhi, Ms. Sheila Dixit on January 19, 2000.
All the school buildings are set amidst beautiful green lawns and have all facilities required for the all round development of children such as well stocked libraries and well-equipped laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Home Science,Computer Science etc.
The students of SMS are trained to handle curricular and co-curricular activities simultaneously. Special care is taken to instill self-discipline in their receptive minds. They are being schooled to become responsible leaders with a commitment to society. Under the canopy of the school motto ’Loyalty, Truth and Honour’, the staff and the management of St. Marks endeavour, not only to enable students to compete with other for a place in professional outlets, but also imbue them with social awareness, pride in their rich cultural heritage and a sense of responsibility towards the nation.
St. Mark’s Girls Sr. Sec. School
A-Block, Meera Bagh
New Delhi – 41
Ph.: +91 011 25279040, +91 011 25252237
E-mail : email@example.com